Have fun at the Beach

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ever to Conquer!

I was going to be perfectly happy with a 6-6 season this year.  Even after beating Texas A&M, I thought we were pretty much done. I love it when I'm wrong...... All last week, I kept telling myself, I'm okay with losing to Georgia, I'll be okay losing to Alabama.  I didn't dare get my hopes up.  It's okay to dream, but I am a realist....:)
Game day was cool and a bit overcast.  I spent Friday night before the game experimenting with 3 new tailgating recipes, chocolate chip cheesecake brownies, cheesy grits casserole, and a buffalo chicken crescent ring.  Pleased to say, all were successful.  We tailgated with the nicest bunch of folks, the parents of one of Caroline's friends.  Their RV is like a luxury suite on wheels, with a big screen TV on the outside. You just can't beat the smell of Boston butt on the grill.  It just smells like a football game.

Their tailgating spot is within easy walking distance of the beginning of the Tiger Walk.  It's a great spot at the top of the hill right by Sewell Hall.  It isn't crowded at all, and you are right next to the team as they walk by.  Aubie, the cheerleaders, and those other fancy girls who aren't majorettes come out first to lead the crowd in cheers and pose for pictures.  Lots of cute little girls and mamas with babies swarm around trying to get that memorable shot.

Now, I have to confess.  I have no idea who these guys are, they were just close enough to get a good picture.  Unless they are wearing their uniforms with numbers, I am clueless.  I thought every player with dreads was Tre Mason, but Caroline told me none of my pictures was of him.
I know who this guy is.
Words can't describe the joy, elation, sheer disbelief we felt at the game's outcome.  I've never come that close to crying at a ballgame.  Unbelievable.  I've lost count the number of times I've watched that catch today.  I'm proud to say, I was there.  And, I believe in Auburn, and love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment