Have fun at the Beach

Sunday, October 13, 2013

You can't go back.

 I find a lot of joy in getting together with old friends and colleagues.  I have missed the closeness and the special camaraderie that developed in the many years I worked with the Eastway bunch.  I love remembering the countless parties and gatherings at my house with a special faculty.  Those were such fun years.  I am often asked, "Is it better in Alabama?"  And I always answer, "It is different."  I am being diplomatic.  The kids are the same.  Kids are kids.  But the working atmosphere is very different.
This past Friday, we had an Eastway Reunion at the Speakeasy.  What a good time!  The smiles, the laughter, the love.  Our old principal came and reminded us that we all still loved each other, after all these years.  We really were a special bunch.  As our get together came to a close, the old assistant principal said to me, "you know, you can't go back".  And I sadly had to agree with her. BUT, it sure is fun to visit and remember once in a while.

This was our first ornament party. 2002.
That poor girl was from Up North, and didn't "get" tailgating!! We took her to her first Auburn game.  October 2003.
Many of our after school gatherings were held at the Speakeasy.  It seemed natural to meet there again Friday.
I taught with both of these ladies.  I missed them so much when they left Eastway.


No comments:

Post a Comment