Have fun at the Beach

Sunday, May 12, 2013

After the beach

 I certainly felt middle aged this past weekend.  The girls and I were at the beach for Mother's Day.  It's not often that I can be with both girls at the same time.  Not only are they young, they are skinny.  And wear cute clothes.  And funky shoes.  We went to two different beach hangouts, and at both I felt terribly out of place.  They were vivacious and out going.  Me, I just sat there being a mother.    At one place, Tootsie's, a bar at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, two guys came over to talk to the girls. All I could think was "what a buzz kill....having your mother sitting there."  Emily quickly let them know she was married, so they chatted with Caroline awhile.  And, they were very polite to me.   Geez, the girl takes her mother to Tootsie's!  I am glad I had time with them.  Shopping, even in the rain, was fun, and eating all the fried seafood was great.
And on a lighter note, Franklin got to spend some quality time with me, without his cone.  I brought him to the beach so I could monitor his medications, and to keep me company while the girls were out.  He's a good boy.  He met an Italian greyhound named Sophie as we were doing the morning walk.
Back to reality tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment